DHCP config problem.

From: McDow, Matt (McDowM@sutterhealth.org)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 10:48:26 PDT

Help!?

First I would like to say: I am new to Linux. I have been a network admin
for 10 years but I find Linux very different from Microsoft/Novell, my DOS
background doesn't help much either. I have been playing with Linux for
about a week and I haven't had this much fun in years!

OK, here is my latest problem:

I am running Redhat Linux 6.0.
I am attempting to configure my linux box as a DHCP client.

I am using an eepro 100+ NIC connected to an external cable modem via
ethernet. The cable modem (my gateway) has a static IP but my linux box
needs to be configured as a DHCP client.

I have successfully configured the box with as static IP (Using the assigned
DHCP IP address). When I check the box for DHCP in LinuxConfig and reboot my
system hangs at loading eth0. If I choose the DHCP option at install the
system hangs.

Now what?

TIA
Matt.