Alpha update

From: Michael Picco (mpicco@jps.net)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 21:00:57 PDT

Hi folks,

Since I'd recently posted a query about my problem getting Red Hat 6.0 running on
a Multia box, I thought
I'd mention that it was finally a success! I have a 64MB system with a 4GB HD and
CDROM. I took it through
the Server installation at first and was not sure it would be all I needed (I'm
still a newbie!!). Next came a Custom install and I gave it my best shot. I
can't seem to get sound to come out of the stereo headphone jack on the front of
the Multia, but there is sound coming from the built in system speaker.

If there is anyone in this group that has experience with the DEC Multia running
Linux, I'd be interested in getting a few tips. It's possible my problem is more
to do with the Multia rather than Linux, but I'm not certain.

Next month I hope to replace the current VGA monitor hooked to it with at least an
SVGA, which will make the display improve a whole bunch!

Thanks,

Michael Picco