Call for volunteers at next meeting (LUGS needs YOU!)

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 15:32:18 PDT

At our most recent meeting, I announced the August meeting would be a
"Roundabout" of demos of the different Linux distros. This is a step
back more towards a beginner level. If you have something real trick
to show, that's cool too, but please keep in mind this is geared more
towards a beginner level. I asked for various volunteers and I know
several people responded, but I did not write down any names! If you
would like to bring your machine and participate in the "Roundabout",
please let me know. Here are the distros I have in mind.

Red Hat
Slackware ( I will do this one if no one else is )
Debian
Suse
Mandrake
FreeBSD (Hopefully no religious wars over this one)

Here is the way the meeting will work. Everyone will split into
equally sized groups (3 - 5 people). The groups will rotate every ten
minutes. We will have a break in the middle.

>From the volunteers who are demoing their distro, below are some of
the things I would like to see. If you can write up a handout about
your distro, you get additional kudos (extra praise :).

Something you like about your distro (Completely subjective).
Package tools or installation tools (RPM's, deb, tgz).
How it is configured or utilities it has (Sys V, BSD, YAST, Linuxconf,
etc)
How the development is managed (debian.org, Red Hat, Patrick
Volkerding, etc).

brian

--
Brian Lavender
Sacramento,CA

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -- Hunter S. Thompson