[hipp@xsspeed.net: Linux/Unix developers]

From: Brian E. Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 15:39:50 PDT

I recevied this email regarding a job opening here in Sac.

brian

----- Forwarded message from Burton Hipp <hipp@xsspeed.net> -----

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:30:42 -0700
To: brian@brie.com
From: Burton Hipp <hipp@xsspeed.net>
Subject: Linux/Unix developers

Hi Brian,
    I was wondering if through your association with the Linux
User Group whether you knew of any good Unix talent in the
Sacramento area.

The reason I ask is that I am one of the founders of a new Bay
Area internet startup company that is opening up a development
office in Sacramento, and we are looking for some good Unix people,
particularly those with operating systems expertise.

I'm looking primarily for developers, not sys admins, and we'll
be doing a fair amount of work in the Solaris kernel
(Sun Microsystems' OS) and we may eventually we port our
technology to Linux too.

We are working on technology to enable ASP's (application service
providers) which is supposed to be the next big wave in the
internet.

If you know of any Linux developers w/ OS experience, who might
be interested in a startup opportunity with competetive salaries
and a generous stock offering, please get in touch with me.
I have several openings; 2 or 3 kernel positions and 1 test
developer position.

Thanks.

Burton Hipp
ObserveNet Corporation