[beth@compu-diva.com: PCJam/Installfest]

From: Brian E. Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 16:22:06 PDT

Looks like Beth got us rolling for a September Installfest. I will post
the info to the web page shortly. In the meantime, here are the details.

brian

----- Forwarded message from Beth <beth@compu-diva.com> -----

Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:48:08 -0700
To: lug-nuts@cheapnet.net
From: Beth <beth@compu-diva.com>
Subject: PCJam/Installfest

Brian -
The PcJam is definitely going to have room and tables for an installfest.
There's power and a T-1 line, too. Whooo hooo!

Now, if you guys want to do that, would any of you be willing to help
diagnose and/or repair people's machines, just to be friendly and helpful
and further the cause of PC users groups in general?

This gig is Saturday, September 18, from noon to 4:00.
We need a few good hardware people to point the attendees in the right
direction with their stuff. Reseat video cards, show people which
direction the ram goes in (I was at Frys the other day, some people brought
back a motherboard that no longer worked... they put the ram in backwards
and MADE it fit. Scary) and stuff like that. There will be no major
repairs, we'll make some sign with the scope of our intentions and liability.

We REALLY need some volunteers for this, so don't be shy.

ciao
Beth

----- End forwarded message -----

--