Is 300 Meg's enough

From: Andrew Wergedal (awerg@creativepage.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 14:46:07 PDT

I have a LAN in my house that I use to connect 2 Win9x machines and 2 LINUX
machines. After trading some hardware, I'm planning to use one LINUX
machine as a server.

Linux Server specs:
-=--=--=--=--=-
Name: Gate
CPU: 486 25Mz
RAM: 16 Mg
HD: 310 Mg
Modem: USR 56k external
NIC: 10/100 Linksys
(Gate is running Redhat 5.2 currently, I'll be upgrading to Mandrake 6.0)

I need 'Gate' to handle the following functions:
dialup connection to my ISP
email (sendmail or qmail)
proxy & firewall
DNS
IP Masqerading
Web Caching (SQUID)

How much HD space do I need?
Is 300 Meg enough? 600 or 1.2Gig?
I've read the How-to's but there is no mention of HD size recomendations or

restrictions. Gate will become a dedicated server.

My workstation running LINUX-Mandrake is doing DNS and dialup, but I
haven't done any of the other things.

-- Andy Wergedal

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Make money by adding webmail to your web sites today!
EMUmail outsourcing -- Making Webmail Easy