Re: [Lug-Nuts] mysql...

From: Daniel de Young (ddeyoung@jps.net)
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 14:28:57 PDT

Thanks Mike, Scott, and Brian.

I'll check out all your suggestions and post any questions I have.

Brian, no offense taken. I thinks it's great that hiring managers are
more aware that experience is way more important than certification.
Besides, I consider myself to be trained very well on all the reasons
that M$ shouldn't be used in many situations :-) I own the Blair Samba
book and have found it very useful with my LAN project
http://go.to/thehub (shameless plug). I'll check out the O'Reilly
msql/mysql book and Understanding SQL as soon as I get employed. I have
a second interview at SDIG on Tuesday, so wish me luck!

Scott, sounds great. PHP is definitely where I'm headed. It seems to
be the only real consideration for anything Apache based.

Mike, I think I grabbed that package from the website. Once I'm through
this tutorial I'll make sure to check it out.

Thanks again for the tips. I'll keep you posted...

--
Daniel de Young MCP+I, MCSE

NT Network Support

"If you can't make it good, at least make it look good." -Bill Gates

Check it out... Joshua 24:15

http://go.to/thehub