Re: [Lug-Nuts] 31 Flavors of LINUX

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 23:37:34 PDT

Just about all of them at one time or another. Of course it seems
that once I think I know of all the distros, another one pops
up. I still have a preference for my original distro I started with,
Slackware. In fact for all those who say slackware is behind,
7.0 (I think they skipped ahead) is coming out with glibc support.
I currently use Debian on brie.com. I like dselect for quickly adding
packages. I just bought a NEC laptop today, and I am going to put
Caldera on it. I have a development box where I frequently look at
different distros and the way they do things. For instance, I installed
a SB sound card in my debian box. I had to manually configure the
pnp.conf and the stuff that goes with it. Of course Bill Kendrick said
his Red Hat automatically configured it. So (taking the Politically
Correct stand) I make my distro rounds.

brian

--
Brian Lavender