[Lug-Nuts] Help with Project. Please!!!

From: Rick Johnson (rick@pointman.org)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 11:49:43 PST

I posted this once but it never reached the list. So, i'm trying from a
different address.

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on a project which i'd like to port to multiple
versions of Linux. To do this I need some help from my fellow geeks.

What I need is the location of the init and runlevel directories and
files for different distributions.

Example: Redhat & Mandrake start services with scripts located in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/

Then they use symlinks in the actual runlevel directories
Example: /etc/rc.d/rc3.d or /etc/rc.d/rc5.d that point to the init.d
directories scripts.

I'd like to know what distribution you are running (if different from
Redhat & Mandrake) and how your distro is setup for its startup files. Or
at least the location of the rc.local file (if one exists).

For those who don't know, It is for my PMFirewall project for Ipchains. It
allows a novice to setup a firewall. I released it Monday on Freshmeat and
it already has over 1500 downloads. The website is http://www.pointman.org
if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. :)

Rick Johnson

--
Rick Johnson                      Voicemail:   530.325.5200
rick@pointman.org                       Fax:   530.325.5200

An imperfect plan executed violently is far superior to a perfect plan. - George Patton