Re: [Lug-Nuts] redial into same shell

From: Linux Rocks (gnulinux@rosecomputing.com)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 16:04:28 PST

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 01:25:20PM -0800, Alex Irvine wrote:
> I would like to redial into the same shell each time.
> any ideas

Do you mean that when you telnet into calweb that you want the same
shell (ie. bash, tcsh, pdksh, etc.) to be the shell that you use instead
of being stuck with their default of sh or csh?

If so, then it's easy to do. Unfortunately, I don't remember how --
DOAH!! I'd call up their tech support (one of the few providers that is
actually knowedgeable) and I'm sure they can tell you how to easily
switch shells permanently.

I don't remember the command so when I telnet in I just type 'tcsh' and
I can use the tcsh shell.