[Lug-Nuts] screen is the answer

From: Linux Rocks (gnulinux@rosecomputing.com)
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 09:36:36 PST

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 07:39:43AM -0800, Alex Irvine wrote:
> My goal is to reconnect where I left off even if my modem drops the
> connection.
> So the detact would be with no warning.
> I have downloaded screen from ftp.cdrom.com and will try that.

screen is the answer.

No need to download it from cdrom.com if you are going to use it on
calweb. Calweb has had the program installed on their servers for years.

Way back when, I recall them asking people to limit things to three or
so screen windows. Don't know if anything has changed -- this was a few
years ago.