Re: [lug-nuts] PCMCIA cards

From: Linux Rocks (gnulinux@rosecomputing.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 23:44:41 PST

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 05:09:26PM -0800, Webb Sprague wrote:
> My question is about drivers--can I buy any old
> PCMCIA card or should I stick with 3-com or ??

I have an old 486 laptop. It's running linux (debian) with a cheapie
10Base-T PCMCIA card that I paid $30 bucks for a year ago. It's made by
SVEC. I don't think they have "official" support for linux. Debian linux
had no problems detecting and using the card.

A friend of mine bought a PCMCIA, or card bus, (any difference?)
10/100 ethernet card from Linksys. I think it's working out well for
him.

Hope this helps.