[lug-nuts] auto mail question

From: Webb Sprague (wsprague100@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 12:19:09 PST

Does anyone know how to use "mail" in batch mode? I
want to put a line in a shell script that sends me
mail whenever it detects something in my system, like
a security risk. I would also be interested in using
perl so that I could use variables for the various
parts of the header and the text. No, I don't want to
send spam, either...

I would also like to know how to set up an
auto-response thing, if possible, but that is a ways
off in my development...

Thanks