[lug-nuts] MS Windows 2000 at December SACPCUG meeting

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 20:15:06 PST

At the December SACPCUG general meeting (http://www.sacpcug.org) Microsoft
will present Windows 2000.

http://www.sacpcug.org

Anyway, Cheapbytes http://www.cheapbytes.com is selling this cool
shirt. I figure its a cool T-Shirt to silently advocate Linux at the
meeting without treading upon MS's time slot.

http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart/0070010357?2xgAHyXE
(or go to the bottom of the main page and select T-Shirt)

sacLUG is a Special Interest Group of SACPCUG, so NO VOCAL protests. I
also have $10 remaining from the donations last meeting, so if we get
more donations at the next meeting, we could buy a bundle of Cheapbytes
CD's and give them away. Of course we will be hosting the Linux Q&A
table at the meeting too.

On an additional note, I confirmed the Corel Rep at the February meeting.
He will demo Corel Linux. I finally got a download, but I haven't tried
it out yet. If someone out there wants a copy, I will burn one, and you
can test it out. Seems that with port forwarding, my test machine has
been moving more towards a production machine. That's the machine you
end up on when you go to port 8080 on brie.com or more simply written
http://brie.com:8080

brian

--
Brian Lavender