Re: [lug-nuts] tools for verifying hardware

From: Webb Sprague (wsprague100@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 17:53:57 PST

Well, sometimes one must just grep... BTW, since I am
still one of the unitiated, I am running RH 6.0.

Unfortunately, when I try to change the media with
ifconfig, the command returns "SIOCSIFMAP: Operation
not supported". I am able to change the IP number,
etc, with ifconfig, so I know ifconfig works.

I also tried "depmod 3c509", just for grins, but it
returned "file not found" unless I gave it a full
path. I wonder...

Thanks again Sean. At the rate we are going, I will
owe you a beer pretty soon...