Re: [lug-nuts] modify a GOB of html files with this script!

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 17:47:54 PST

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 04:50:10PM -0800, Scott Tyson wrote:
> I hope this file doesn't show up HTML encoded. I'm dinking with the newest
> version of Eudora. Let me know if it is HTML.

I did not see any html, but if you had sent it, the following would have
happened.

I use mutt, so if your MUA (Mail User Agent), Eudora, sent the message
as html, my MUA, mutt, would have used lynx to render it. How is that for
coolness?

How about posting a sample html file to the list with the SSI header
and footer include? Then I will modify the script, so it will do an
entire site to include your nav bars. If you are using SSI's then
I take it you would have to have the web server parse every single
html page, unless you put a directive in that says only parse .shtml
Which pretty much defeat the purpose of using the SSI's. And of
course the same would apply with PHP pages. So, if I am correct in
my assumptions, make sure your server has the capacity to handle the
additional load produced by parsing every single page. Would this
be a correct assumption?

brian

--
Brian Lavender