[lug-nuts] [shanh@erepublic.net: Linux web programming position available]

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 08:20:23 PST

Job Announcement

----- Forwarded message from Shan Hemphill <shanh@erepublic.net> -----

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:14:58 -0800
From: Shan Hemphill <shanh@erepublic.net>
To: brian@brie.com
Subject: Linux web programming position available

Brian,

In short, I have a job opening that might be of interest to your LUG
members. If I shouldn't be emailing you this directly, please accept my
apologies and delete this email.

By the way, I would gladly become a member, but I am currently an MBA
student, and classes are on Wednesday nights. Maybe after graduation...

On to the position. If you think it might be useful to one or more of
your members, please forward it. If not, I again apologize for wasting
your time.

Shan Hemphill
IT Manager, e.Republic

What:

----
Web programmer

Who: ----- e.Republic, Inc. This is a medium sized publishing firm of approximately 120 people. We produce such magazines as CCN (http://www.ccnmag.com/), Government Technology (http://www.govtech.net/), GT Reseller (http://www.gtreseller.com), and Converge (http://www.convergemag.com/). We also have a subscription service that is delivered exclusively through the web (http://www.centerdigitalgov.com/ --don't ask; I didn't come up with the domain name). The company was founded in 1987.

Salary: ---- We have a budgeted salary of between $30-40k per year.

Department: ---- IT (Information Technology)

Manager: ---- Shan Hemphill, shanh@erepublic.com

Technologies: ---- I am looking for a person with experience in Linux and web programming. It is not necessary to have in-depth knowledge or hands-on experience with our specific technologies. The ideal candidate would be familiar with *NIX systems, be familiar with the web, be able to write shell or Perl scripts, and be somewhat familiar with the way relational databases work. We currently are using Linux, Apache, PHP 3, and Sybase to deliver web content. We have other servers that are owned by IT as well, including Windows NTS, Solaris 7, and OpenBSD. Duties: This position will be primarily be focused on delivering solutions for publishing information to the web. This may include working with internal customers to gather requirements and then working with other IT team members to deliver to those requirements. Technical tasks may include designing database schemas, writing PHP code, or even upgrading server systems. Other IT tasks such as technical support and systems administration may be assigned as well. If you're interested: If you're interested in this position, please email a text resume to shanh@erepublic.com. Please feel free to include URLs to examples of any work you have done on the web.

----- End forwarded message -----

-- Brian Lavender http://www.brie.com/brian/ **************************************************************************** * To UNSUBSCRIBE from the list, send a message with "unsubscribe lug-nuts" * in the message body to majordomo@saclug.org. Please direct other * questions, comments, or problems to lug-nuts-owner@saclug.org.