[lug-nuts] ye ol' NUM-lock quandry...

From: Daniel de Young (ddeyoung@jps.net)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 15:24:58 PST

Hello all,

Per 'man setleds' I added the following code to rc.local.

>INITTY=/dev/tty[1-8]
> for tty in $INITTY; do
> setleds -D +num < $tty
> done

At run level 3 everything is fine, and NUM-lock is set.

The problem is when switching to run level 5, it clears. The last thing called
by rc5.d is a link to the './rc.local' so I'm puzzled as to what's being run
after that to reset NUM-lock.

I understand that it's switching to another virtual terminal, but since the
Xsession is assigned to tty7 (I believe), and that is included in the code above,
I don't understand why it's not working.

I guess I'm looking for an edjamacation :-)

-Daniel