[lug-nuts] Problem with PPP dail-in server

From: Will Hutchins (clovis@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Dec 31 1999 - 22:05:55 PST

Has anyone on this list had any experience setting up a dail-in server
with Redhat 6.0? I've been working on it the last week and I can't seem
to find the problem.

I can give details on request, but basically the problem is this: I have
a linux box with two ethernet interfaces and a modem. IP-forwarding
works fine between the two NIC's, and I dail-in to the computer fine
with WIN95 and WIN98. The problem is even with proxyarp set in the
options file I can't ping past the linux box's local network.

What's weird about this is that everything was working fine earlier. Now
I'm stumped and I don't know how to trouble shoot this. Does anyone have
any ideas for me?

TIA

Will