Letter to editor of SF Chronicle

From: Brian E. Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 20:25:50 PDT

I imagine some of you are wondering what was published in
my letter to the editor of the SF Chronicle. Here it is.

Page 4 of the Business Section.

Editor -

I have to agree with your article that
Linux can be difficult to install. It can be
even more difficult to configure (i.e., Sendmail,
Apache, Samba, Printing).
  This is why Linux User Groups such as mine of
Sacramento (http://www.brie.com/linux/) and SVLUG
(www.svlug.org) host install fests.
  So why the passion for something so difficult?
Peter Schoenster sums up my reason, and I am sure
many others, in a single quote. Replace the word
Unix with the word Linux (Linux is a Unix type
operating system):
"With a PC, I always felt likited by the software
available. On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge."
-- Peter J. Schoenster

BRIAN E. LAVENDER
Sacramento