Re: install Debian 2.2

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 1999 - 14:41:27 PDT

I got Debian 2.1 working with a base system and I went back and
installed a number of potato packages from the net. DSL line is great.

# dselect

I installed a number of packages including XFree86 3.3.3 since I have
a matrox Millenium card which is not supported under 3.3.2

I am thinking about putting the 2.2.10 kernel on the machine. I saw
what looked like the 2.2.9 kernel on the package list, but I am
wondering if I should just download the source and compile it the way
I want it. I am wondering if this is going to create problems with the
package manager. Will it?

Is it possible to install potato from scratch?

brian

--
Brian Lavender
Sacramento, CA