Linux Advocacy at SPCUG regular meetings

From: Brian E. Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 18:37:08 PDT

Mike Machado informed me about the Linux Advocacy day coming up this
September. It looks like a great idea. Questions that arise: Who is going
organize it? Where will we hold it? Where are we going to get the equipment?
Who are we going to target?

It sounds like a great idea, but the more you dig into it, it starts to sound
like a job selling Kirby vacuum cleaners. So, not to knock the idea (I guess I
am knocking it paritally, sorry), but I think
I have a good avenue that we could provide some good advocacy to a crowd that
is eager to hear what we have to sell.

At each regular SacPCUG meeting there are question and answer tables. LUGS is actually
a special interest group of sacpcug. I was talking to a few people who go to the
chair meetings and they seemed to support the idea that we set up a Linux table.

Here is my plan. We get one to two machines with various things configured on them.
We host a table with one to four people at it. So, here is what I need, a couple volunteers
with something cool they can show or talk about at the next SPCUG meeting. Preferrably,
you can bring your machine configured with what you have that is coool to show. Let me
know if you are interested and I will confirm that we can get a table at the next
meeting.

Next regular SPCUG meeting is Wednesday, July 21, 1999, 7:00 p.m.

Details about the meetings are at
http://www.sacpcug.org/

Next regular LUGS meeting is on July 14, 1999, 7pm, so don't mix this up with that.

brian

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/