Re: [lug-nuts] testing

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 10:58:15 PST

I have taken a close look at webcal and I like the features it contains.
The feature it lacks it a DB backend. I have prototype code for a DB backend,
but I thought it would be interesting to see Web Calendar since it _does_
have a DB backend. I was planning on focusing my efforts on webcal, since
it has so many features and need to become familiar with it if I am going
to attempt to hack DB backend code for it. I figured if you are familiar with
Web Calendar, you could install it, and perhaps demonstrate some useful features
it contains. I was proposing the Larry Wall way "There's more than one way
to do it"

If you think Web Calendar has some useful features, and you want to install it
on saclug, I would be interested in seeing the results. And yes, you are right,
we would have two calendars in operation.

Sidenote for those following this thread and are trying to distinguish what the
F we are talking about. Here is a freshmeat results page which will show a perl
"webcal", and a PHP "Web Calendar".

http://www.freshmeat.net/search.php3?query=webcal

brian

--