Re: RE: [lug-nuts] KDE problem - icons don't work

From: jacobus@value.net
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 13:04:19 PST

Ladies and Gentlemen: I am a new subscriber to the Lug-Nuts mailing list.

I know there is an installfest coming up, but it is not possible at this time for me to attend with a machine. Recent minor surgery dictates my not lifting and lugging computer gear about for a while.

It is my intention to add another hard disc to my present computer and install Linux (I just got the Mandrake Power Pack) on there, making the machine dual boot. Although I have a Win-style modem in the machine now a friend is sending me an external USR modem in the next week or so.

I live in Carmichael about a block east of Walnut on Marconi. If any of you are willing to lend me a helping hand on this, please let me know. I have an intro to UNIX course under my belt but that is about it.

Thanks very much.

David "Bear" Mann