Re: [lug-nuts] 1st partition

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 13:55:21 PST

If a drive spins at 7200 rpm that would make it a CAV. CDROM's are
CLV. That is why they often tout their max speed. Granted a CAV has
different rates because the linear velocity changes as you move out
radially from the center, but you face less of a challenge as with speeding
up and slowing down the disk which occurs with CDROM's.

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/