Re: [lug-nuts] FTP question

From: Rick Johnson (rick@pointman.org)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 16:57:11 PST

HOLD ON!!!!

You should never FTP as root!!! There is a reason root is in the ftpusers
file. Either Mike Long was trying to make an attempt at humor, or i've
overestimated his intelligence.

It is an ok thing to do if this box is in a trusted environment, and never
touches the internet in any way. Otherwise you're just asking for trouble.

Now after all that, all I can think is that the settings for ftpd are
restricting your user from uploading. Maybe the config file might have
something. I wish I could help more, but without knowing the ftp daemon it
is hard.

Cheers,

Rick