[Lug-Nuts] MRTG not printing correct results

From: Sean-Paul Rees (sean@dreamfire.net)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 13:01:40 PST

Hiyo!

I've been running MRTG for the last few days on a few devices here on my
network. I'm most interested in seeing traffic graphs for my cable
modem. So, I installed ucd-snmp and started it (no configuration files,
no MIBs). Its running in the background.

Then, I installed MRTG and ran cfgmaker for my system. Then I ran MRTG,
and set it up as a cron to run every 5 minutes.

Just now, I downloaded the first of the three source packages from
ftp.xfree86.org:

17388037 bytes received in 56.30 secs (301.6kB/s)

I'm looking at the most recent MRTG daily graph (run a minute ago, after
the download) and it only shows the Max In at 82.7kB/sec.

Am I doing something wrong here.... shouldn't it show something like
301kB/sec as the Max In?

Cheers,
Sean