[Lug-Nuts] Word on Unix

From: Andy Wergedal (awerg@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 10:51:24 PST

Hello all,

I have a problem at work. I'm part of a team that developed
a MSAccess database and MSWord application for the CA state Judges.
The Judges use this app to write their decisions. (lots of formatting,
 and preset citations).

Here is the problem:

While the Judges are using Word, Word autosaves a temporary file
into the working directory. The file is saved with nobody ownership. Once
the file is saved only root can do a chown on the files. I have tried to
save the file first in the application but that also results in a nobody
ownership problem. I have also turned off the autosave feature, but i
still get the same result. This app is running on 4 UNIX servers and 1 NT
server. 2 SunOS and 2 Solaris Servers.

Any ideas?

Installing NT servers is in the works but will take 6 Months.

-- Andy