[Lug-Nuts] Virtual Hosting Box

From: Andy Wergedal (awerg@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 22:55:30 PST

To Anyone,

I need help setting up my server as a virtual hosting box.

I have munged up the box so bad that I need to prostrate myself
(that is when you lay face down with your arms spread) in front of you,
and humbly ask for your help. I have 8 clients waiting for a place to park
their domains and 3 or 4 more in the wings. I don't have the skill or
knowledge yet to make this happen on my own.

I need this box up asap.

please respond directly to awerg@bigfoot.com.
(I would give you awerg@creativepage.com but I've screwed that up as well)

====================================
Payment:

I will pay the standard rate if you want the money.
Or we could work out a trade...
        possible trades:
        I'll host your domain for free, give you a account.
        I'll pay for your domain and host it for 2 years for free.
        I'll pay you cash money.

====================================
Requirements:

OS: Linux (I'm not partial to any one distro)
Web: Apache with PHP, and perl modules.
mail: Sendmail
ftp: anything secure.
dns: bind (the latest version)
ssh: turn telnet off.
security: firewall, close up the holes.
                secure box as well as you can.

====================================
Functions:

Virtual Domain --
        www.yourdomain.com,
        yourdomain.mydomain.com
Vitrual Email --
        forward all mail directed at their domain to their account.
        ex: anyone@
Virtual FTP --
        all ftp will be restricted to the /home/www/accountname/
        no other access to any files on system.
        no anonymous ftp access
Security --
        Firewall
        SSH instead of Telnet
        lock down the server. I need some suggestions here...
Database:
        PostgreSQL
        mySQL
Services Not offered:
        No news server
        No irc, bitchx, icq etc.
        No streaming video, audio
        Nothing else
Sercives to be offered in the future:
        Apache -SSL
        some type of shopping cart software

====================================
Box Specs:

CPU: p90
RAM: 48M
HD: 4G
NIC: T10
Connection: T1

When I get enough money I will either buy a
Cobalt RaQ3 or a Dell PowerEdge to replace the rather lowend box.

humbly requested,

-- Andy Wergedal
-- awerg@creativepage.com (doesn't work anymore)
-- awerg@bigfoot.com