Re: [Lug-Nuts] Compiling the Kernel from Red Hat source

From: Scott Tyson (tysons@deepwell.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 16:44:58 PST

To minimize all the question answering do a make oldconfig and it uses your
previous .config file (assuming you put it into the new linux source tree).
This is how I've done all of my kernel compiles. I use the .config file that
came with my redhat 6.0 box and I'm on 2.2.14 now. The oldconfig will only
ask you the questions that are new to that version of the kernel. Pretty
painless.