Re: [Lug-Nuts] Got a copy of Windoze 2000

From: Scott Tyson (tysons@deepwell.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 08:59:43 PST

Well all I'll add to this thread is that my company, Pandesic has been
using the real released version of Win2k for over a month now via the
MS early Adopter program. We are the largest Ecommerce solution
available anywhere, larger than Oracle and IBM and we run on NT. The
basic setup is a Web server that has our COM layer with ASP fronting
that and backend server that runs SAP/MS SQL 7.0 The win2K boxes we
are running are far are more stable than the NT 4.0 boxes as Web
servers. We have not moved the backend boxes to Win2k because SAP has
not certified Win2k yet. Speed is about the same on the same hardware
but the win2k boxes are not tweaked yet. The NT 4.0 boxes have been
tweaked on for almost 2 years. So far MS has delivered on the
stability part. The rest is yet to be proven. Only time will tell if
Win2k is any better or worse than NT.

Scott