[Lug-Nuts] pac bell DSL

From: Daniel de Young (ddeyoung@jps.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 12:15:51 PST

Well I just had DSL installed.

I haven't been back yet to check it out, but I had a question.

I had the guy leave an external 'modem' (so I can use Linux). What does this
modem do? does it condition the signal to be split over the ADSL line? Do
I plug the NIC into the modem?

Also, I have 5 ip addresses... do I have to push 'all' traffic through the machine
with the modem installed? I wanted to run the DSL port into a switch and then
have each of the IPs on different machines without using any of them as a network
gateway. Is that out? :-)

Any suggestions from people that have been using DSL for awhile?

Thanks,

Daniel