Lynx ?..

From: Ajay Tallam (atallam@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 03 1999 - 02:49:21 PDT

Hey..

Since somebody mentioned lynx (Btwn that and noticing the version here (on
isun) has been upgraded), I felt like asking a question that has really been
nagging me, not sure where to ask it. (I can't find a lynx newsgroup, and I'm
almost reluctant to e-mail authors.. who knows. ;)

LYNXSETTINGSTATUS://EXTERNAL/

Does this URL work for anyone? I'm reading in lynx help, about lynx.cfg
options, and I saw one that particularly.. interested me, support for external
programs (eg, for http and ftp, downloading files.)

I have been completely unsuccessful with finding a version of lynx that
supports any of this, however. Anybody have any ideas? Supposedly support
for this was added for Lynx/386 (DOS ver of Lynx), to help it do something it
needed to do, which makes me think the feature is semi-old. (Making me all
the more confused.)

EXTERNAL:ftp:wget %s &:TRUE

This is an example of a/the line that's supposed to go in lynx.cfg, which does
nothing for me. I suppose it's related to the fact that the above URL doesn't
work either. If anybody has any ideas, they would be GREATLY appreciated!
thanks..

        -Ajay

Hmm.. and on an unrelated topic.. How is one supposed to recover msgs lost
from mutt? I just got hung up while I was trying to compose this msg, and
while the msg was still in /tmp/mutt-*.. It's lacking headers and whatnot, is
there any mechanism for recovering, or just :r /tmp/mutt-* is all you can
really do? I was hoping it would 'Postpone' it or something. Ahh well.

--
Ajay Tallam     Milpitas, ca    atallam@ucdavis.edu	MooTown, HempVille
			http://os2man.cjb.net/

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti