Intel box questions

From: Michael Picco (mpicco@jps.net)
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 18:55:22 PDT

There are a couple of things I'm trying to do that are getting me a bit frustrated:

1. Just tried getting this box set up to go online and almost got there. It will dial and connect, but I'm
dropped almost immediately. I'm not sure if the 'expect' strings are correct and even less sure how to
find out what's coming over the line that's being misinterpreted by my Redhat6.0 box. Any help or
direction here would be greatly appreciated.

2. Can't seem to get 'sndconfig' (I think that's the name) to configure my Soundblaster card. On bootup
the system reported a bunch of errors having to do with ISAPNP, or something like that. The board is
one of the newer AWE64 ones.

3. Finally, I'm trying to get an HP820CSE to work as a printer under Linux. The printer says "for Windoze"
on it, which makes me recall something special that had to be done to get one of these configured properly.

Other than that, I'm having a good day ;)

Thanks for any help.

Michael
"the other box is a Multia"