Re: [Lug-Nuts] mysql...

From: Scott Tyson (tysons@deepwell.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 03:01:55 PDT

well the recornd number is i\only usefull if your going to use it. If
your databse is small (IE not too many fields) then worry more about
how it will be accessed so you can setup the correct keys. Poor keys
will kill performance more than anything else. You can normalize your
database until the cows come home but if you got crappy keys your dead
meat. It might not be noticable on a small databse but I'm used to
working with databases with millions of records and you'll notice it
for sure then. :)