Re: [Lug-Nuts] Aliases

From: Rick Johnson (rsjohn@directcon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 12:20:55 PDT

:so yes, you can have an email @saclug.org . As far as
: having a longer_name@saclug.org that exceeds 8 characters, we will
:have to work on that one, because that will involve changing the
:/etc/aliases file and of course rerunning aliases for the sendmail aliases
:database. I hope we will run sendmail. Maybe there is a script out there

Actually, Jim is planning on putting them in the virtusertable on Redhat
6.0. So there will be no limit on the length of the name. From what i've
seen so far it is running sendmail 8.9.3. However, i'm sure Jim will be
responding soon on his own. :)

Rick