[Lug-Nuts] saclug is online. Shell accounts available to members

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 18:08:05 PDT

Check http://www.saclug.org

We just got the official saclug web site online. We also have
a shell accounts for members. If your not a member of SACPCUG
you can email me and I will get you an application. I will also
bring applications to the next saclug meeting. Basically the
web site is the same as on my brie.com page. I know there
are a number of people out there who would like to do
some cool stuff, so hopefully we can open the channels to do
this. James Nessen is running the server, so send your kudos
to him.

With the shell account you will have your own saclug email address
which you can forward to your current email address. Jim
is running Redhat 6, and is the SA on the system, so he
can entertain our requests for fun stuff.

Here's the official policy on shell accounts on shell.saclug.org:

Jim> As for policies, I am not limiting the shells in any way, so its basically
Jim> free for all, the only I think I ask is not to use the shell for cracking
Jim> into othere systems, etc. Oh, and no compiling password crackers, or
Jim> anything of that nature, other than that, have at it. I trust that people
Jim> won't hack or try to break into the machine to gain root access :-)
Jim>
Jim> Anyways, if you want to start taking applicants for shell accounts, pass
Jim> them my way and I'll get them up and going.

If your a member and you want a shell account, email me and I will
set you up.

brian

--
Brian E. Lavender