Re: [Lug-Nuts] Rookie's back!

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 14:53:11 PDT

Okay, I have a stack of books that reaches about 8 ft high. I think I have
spent over $1000 on books in the last four years. There, I did not say,
"Get a book!" Oops, I just said it. Ok, since I said it, here's some
recommendations:

Running Linux by Welsh and Kaufman
Understanding Unix by Harley Hahn

Come to the install fest. You can learn a lot by watching.

brian

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 02:44:10PM -0700, Jason Painter wrote:
> Okay, got a system at work running RH 6.0 and I "believe" through stumbling around I have installed the current Apache web server. So far so good. Now, I need to move forward. Unfortunately, I was brought up in the DOS and Windows world and have very little, and I mean little, Linux or Unix experience. I have purchased a couple of books on Linux, but they are written for people who can actually "maneuver" around. It took me several days just to figure out that I needed the CSH shell to get things to even run. BOOKS SUCK!!!!!

csh sucks. i use it at work. bash is way better.

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/