Re: [Lug-Nuts] Running .cgi scripts (Newbie)

From: Hubert Littau (hrlittau@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 23:39:30 PST

To "Big Cheese":

You are correct to imply that RH Mandrake does not come with
the group www-user. I added it with the gui tool and did the chmods
you mentioned. "Group www-data" in httpd.conf returns "invalid group".
It appears I have some studying to do with respect to thinking of programs
as groups or users and giving them permissions as such.

Discus looks quite snug on your box.

Thanks again for all your help.

Hubert