RE: [lug-nuts] Debian 2.1/SPARC or RedHat 6.1/SPARC

From: Marc Matteo (MMatteo@sacbee.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 16:28:04 PST

ntpdate is fine (I use it) but (as already noted) it's part of the xntpd3
package which is serious overkill if all you are doing is trying to
occasionally set your clock.

xntpd3 is better for say running a time server or something.

'rdate -s <host>' is fine for the occasional clock setting.

And, no, I'm not a CheapBytes fan... but for no really good reason :).

Cheers,
Marc

Marc Matteo
Technical Leader, sacbee.com