Re: [lug-nuts] Response to Da Basics meeting

From: Karen R (karen00@saber.net)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 11:02:09 PST

Hi all,

I found out about your group the day after this meeting. It sounds
like I really missed a good one... being brand new to Linux.

Andy wrote:

>* note -- I put swap first

I've seen in install instructions to put the swap first. And it
brings up questions...
1) why?
2) does it make a difference between putting it first and last?
3) with 64mb ram, does one really need a swap file?

I'm looking for a tutor with Linux... after 5 years with M$ I'm
ready to switch. Being a hands-on type learner, it's difficult
for me to figure out the how-tos and especially the man pages.
I've gotten way too used to M$ step by step hand-holding help.

Being allergic to cigarette smoke, I'd prefer a non-smoker.

I live in the mid-town area just a couple of miles west of the
Cal West meeting site.

Anyone interested in helping me please email me at
kmrgg@hotmail.com

Am looking forward to your next meeting...

joy2u,
Karen