Re: [lug-nuts] procmail fun..?

From: Ajay 'Hempstah' T (atallam@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 03:31:37 PST

Okay.. I tried the reg exp stuff out, and it seemed to work, not sure why I
could've sworn I've tried to use regular expressions in my .procmailrc before
and it didn't seem to work, but! Whatever..

Anywho, after that I decided I should probably try to implement the X-Loop
header, but.. I tried this recipe..

          :0 c
          | formail -A "X-Loop: yourname@your.main.mail.address" | \
             $SENDMAIL -oi yourname@the.other.account

(replacing email addresses, and including in that same aforementioned recipe,
which was/is working, forward to another address then put in a file.)

It seems like it must be related to this, procmail gives me a error in the log
about:

procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored

So not really sure what that's about.

I was also wondering, with my recipe, I have it now like..

:0:
* ^TO.*(addy1|club2|place3).*
{
}

(w/, you know, the stuff I mentioned above in between.)

Would I be able to use multiple parameters? Like combine things, another one
of my filter rules to go into that same folder is the Subject, would that be
difficult or silly? (OR could I just.. basically | the whole thing above, or
is there a more efficient way?)

Anyways.. this is cool I think. ;) TIA!

        -Ajay

Ohh, and the problem could also be related to the fact I don't know the path
of sendmail (guessing /usr/lib/sendmail since that's where it is on this comp,
but..!) I don't know if that could relate to the problem..
sendmail -oi addy? Ahh, that's how you could automate sending msgs w/ a
script to multiple recipients, I see/interesting.. I'll have to look into
that, using the way I just did (pipe 'hi' into it) I don't get a subject, doh.
;)

--
Tallam, Ajay     Milpa, ca    atallamATucdavis.edu	MooTown, HempVille
			http://os2man.cjb.net/			Happy k2Y!