[lug-nuts] procmail fun..?

From: Ajay 'Hempstah' T (atallam@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 02:49:17 PST

Hi all,

I had a quick procmail question for you guys, I was wondering about
doing a little more complicated rules than the
:0:
* ^TO.*saclug.*
        IN.saclug

(For example.)

For example, I have several different addresses (from) going into the
same file. I'm wondering if it's possible to combine them into one?
Like maybe a 'if this or this or this .. then IN.here' type deal, if
it matches any of the patterns it will follow the same directions.
(Which.. will probably not be just a file to put the msgs into, but
also an email address to forward (like what :0c does) to as well.)

I look at the procmail man pages, but didn't seem to see anything
that addressed this, and I'm not really in the mood to figure out
where/how else I could figure out how. (The only other ways
would be trying on the web (kinda ugh-ish for me), or irc (time
-consuming. ;) (Any suggestions of other ways to find answers
for problems would be appreciated.. ;))

(hmm.. just thought regular expressions when was looking at my rc.. then saw
something in procmailrc, de|abc Either the sequence `de' or `abc'.
I guess I'll have to see into/about that, hmm, I guess it should work..)

Hmm, that reminds me I had another question. My mom uses M$ Outlook to do
mail, and I always get these damned tnef attachments (which, unless they/it
includes files, is useless) on all msgs from her, don't suppose somebody could
toss me a simple recipe to extract/remove that from the bottom of her emails?
(Yeah, that sounds like a recipe I should be able to find somewhere, but..! ;)

Anywho, ttyl/TIA!

Hmm, IF this wknd? Doh, too bad I'm not around. I think we'll be having ours
next sunday.. I need to get to more of your guys mtgs/stuff, hey Mike, give
me a ride!! ;)

        -Ajay

--
Tallam, Ajay     Milpa, ca    atallamATucdavis.edu	MooTown, HempVille
			http://os2man.cjb.net/			Happy k2Y!