Re: Newbies Allowed? ... WAS: Re: [lug-nuts] Response to Da Basics meeting

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 11:37:57 PST

Everything your bud said is correct. You have to start somewhere, and I would
advise you to start with Caldera OpenLinux. Then get the Mondo Pack. It comes with
Debian. If you are feeling saucy, jump into Debian.

Debian is a bunch of hackers around the world who contribute to make a distro. I
run it on both of my machines at home. Debian follows my thoughts on Linux. I wish
everyone used Linux, yet I wish it on no one. How is that for a twist?

See
http://www.debian.org

brian

--