Re: [lug-nuts] Apache and mail

From: Michael Long (mlong@ns.net)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 08:56:51 PST

I sometimes miss working for an ISP. :)

JPS does your DNS for your domain so you'll need to contact them and get a
few things straightened out. First, the need to point an A record for
www.policing.net to the static IP address that they gave you. For the
mail, they'll need to point the MX record to the static IP address they
gave you. (This is assuming you have mail and web on the same box). Of
course you have to have a dedicated connection for all this work, as well
as the right account. I have a feeling JPS wouldn't do this for joe dialup
account. Thats what the ISP has to do.

For mail and web, I would tackle those two problems seperately. What
problems are you having with apache?

Michael

BTW your counter doesn't work on your web site...