[lug-nuts] Apache and mail

From: Ralph Brown (ralph@policing.net)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 07:36:44 PST

I am trying to configure Apache on my gateway box. The Installfest provided
some help, but i seem to be stuck on 2 points.
I obtained a static IP#. I would like to move my site and mail from JPS to
my server at home, using the same mail and domain names.

1) my version of caldera 2.3 has apache 1.3. I seem to be having trouble
with the settings. Would someone send me your working config files (changing
any sensitive info) ...then i could use it as a guide.

2) i want to keep "mail.policing.net" if i can...caldera 2.3 has "sendmail"
which i guess is the MTA that i would use. If so, how do i configure it, and
do i point the clients to the "/var/spool/mail (username)" file, assuming
this is where all of the incoming mail resides? I am using KDE KMail.

3) do i point the clients to the server (192.168.xxx.xxx) or the static IP#
for mail ?

thanks!

Ralph