Re: [Lug-Nuts] Was pacbell dsl .. Roseville DSL

From: Scott Tyson (tysons@deepwell.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 14:33:46 PST

I have Roseville DSL and it uses an external Fujitsu DSL Modem. You
just use a NIC and Crossover cable or HUB/Switch to connect. Their
service is OK and slowly getting better. About as good as you can be
going into UUNET as your main backbone. ELI would be much better but
that is another story. They also use statics for everyone right now
since their DHCP server went away. They charge an extra 10 bucks a
month for a dedicated IP if/when DHCP comes back. Right now it is
49.95 for the DSL/ISP service. 384 down (not capped) and I hit peaks of
over 100kbs at times on big downloads but UUNET is pretty choppy and
uploads are not capped at 128. They used to be but not right now.

Oh, I'm not using Linux at home but with the modem being external via a
LAN connection and the IP being dedicated it would not be an issue that
I can see.