Re: [Lug-Nuts] HOW TO SET UP PROCMAIL to automatically delete Jason Painter's messages

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 15:22:06 PST

Yes, I think we all got bombarded with the Jason Painter loop. He might
be drinking a six pack or so after he sees all the discussion from
the loop that the list went into. But it brings up good issues such
as procmail. Here is a sample procmail entry. It tosses any messages
from Jason Painter into the IN.trash box. Any X10 stuff goes to the X10
box. Stuff addressed to or cc'ed to me goes into the priority box. Then
certain mailing list stuff uses the all inclusive wild card ^TO which
will catch any header. That stuff either gets cc'ed or moved into the
resepective box. the ":" causes it to be moved. No colon and a "c"
means it gets copied.

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail #you'd better make sure it exists
# DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/inbox #completely optional
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from #recommended

:0:
* ^From.*jpainter@fppc.ca.gov
IN.trash