Re: [Lug-Nuts] Setting up ADSL for Linux with multiple hosts questions

From: Brian E. Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 13:50:39 PDT

I have configuration number two set up on brie.com with one static IP
address. I don't think configuration number one will work. I think you
would have to have a router and not a hub. Your friend here is IP
masquerading. I will be at the next install fest, and I can help you there.
I also run dns, sendmail, ftp, apache. Hmm, maybe running your own isp
off of dsl will be the topic of a future meeting. I suppose I could
do a write up.

So, to answer your question, what you want to do is do-able. You can
run primary dns, and have a friend run secondary dns. The dns how-to
is one of the best written. It starts by walking you through a dns
caching server. This will make your dsl even faster. Then you setup a
bogus domain called linux.bogus. Make sure you set zone transfer to off,
because otherwise we will have another linux dot bogus on the net. And
we certainly ron't want a bogus linux out there. :) If you're a sacpcug
member (hint, hint) I will run the secondary for you.

brian

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/