[Lug-Nuts] DSL connection?

From: Michael Picco (mpicco@jps.net)
Date: Sat Oct 02 1999 - 23:38:38 PDT

Can anyone give me a few clues?

Here's the situation ... Just got a DSL line that my company put in. There is a
4-port router connected to it and one port is used by my company computer. I'm told
that I can hook one of my PC's up to it and surf the web at DSL speed. What info as
far as IP addresses do I need to be able to do it? Is it the DNS address? Where do I
plug in the IP address when I get it (if I'm on the right track to begin with!!)? I
can ping the router and the IP's for what are called the WAN and Gateway are known.
At first I thought one of these addresses had to be used in the proxy section of
Netscape, but that didn't work.

So close, yet so far!!

Thanks,

Michael